NEWTON TOWNSHIP MINUTES 1-12-2016
Newton Township Trustees met in regular session on Tuesday, January 12, 2016. Those in attendance were Larry Taylor, Road Maintenance Supervisor, Larry Geiger, Assistant Chief & EMS Coordinator Craig Knox and Chief Allen Deaver of the Fire Department. James R. Smith, Robert Stephenson, and Charles R. Elson, Township Trustees; Derek J. Dozer, Township Fiscal Officer.
Meeting was called to order by Trustee Stephenson at 6:02pm.
Pledge to the flag was led by Robert Stephenson.
Minutes were approved as presented.
Fire Department Business:
Received Fire Marshalls Grant to pay for Training.
Discussion about need for a medic, financing options, planning ahead for future needs, costs.
Jan 16th – FireFighter Appreciation Dinner at EagleSticks.
- Salt was delivered.
- Not much snow removal has been needed but what has been done went well.
- Will be looking at options on Old Glory when weather warms.
Guardrail on Harlan discussed.
Trustees Reports: – Nothing further
Fiscal Officer reports:
· Fiscal Officer will be attending Ohio Township Association conference. Money is set aside in the budget for required continuing education training. (All 3 Trustees agreed and approved)
· Lights for Crock Rd garage (LED) will be purchased online rather than in town. Less than half of cost on Amazon.com. Will buy 8-10 then may need 6-8 more depending on how much light they put out. (All 3 Trustees agreed and approved)
· Signs will be purchase to be in compliance with insurance site audit. Security signs will be put up for camera use throughout the FD, gym signs, workout room signs and no trespassing signs will be placed at Crock Rd for garage. A hold-harmless agreement referenced on the signs will be placed in the gym and for the workout room so those in either must sign. Fiscal Officer will send OTARMA notification of the changes via email. (All 3 Trustees agreed and approved)
· Presented payment registers, fund status reports, bank reconciliation, grass roots clippings.
All bills presented were deemed to be valid expenditures and were to be paid as presented.
Next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 at 6:00pm at the Fire Department.
Meeting adjourned at 7:15 pm.
Newton Township has made every effort to ensure all the information listed on this website is accurate and up to date. This information can and may change without notice. Meeting overviews are meant to serve as short informational updates on township business. We can not be responsible for any inaccurate or omitted information.