NEWTON TOWNSHIP MINUTES 10-8-2013
Newton Township Trustees met in regular session on Tuesday, October 8, 2013. John Phillips, Jan & Bri Howard, Sherry Ziemer, Township residents; Larry Taylor, Road Maintenance Supervisor; Allen Deaver, Larry Geiger, Craig Knox, Fire Department; James R. Smith, Robert Stephenson, and Charles R. Elson, Township Trustees; Derek J. Dozer, Township Fiscal Officer.
Meeting was called to order by Trustee Elson at 7:00pm.
Pledge to the flag was led by Charles R. Elson.
Agenda was approved as read.
Minutes were approved as presented.
Fire Department Business:
- Presented numbers for previous month.
- EMS Charter is approved so will be doing basic and advanced EMT classes here.
- Rescue 1083 motor on blower went bad, parts ordered.
- Budgeted 10 sets of new fire gear and only had ordered 5 so far. Can they order the other 5?
Trustee Stephenson made a motion to order 5 more sets of fire gear. Trustee Elson and all three agreed.
- Medic 1081 back from refurb.
- BBQ went well.
- Thank you to Larry Taylor for fixing the parking lot.
- Nothing more to report.
- Guardrails will try to be done before snow flies.
- Need to put in culverts on Tignor and FultonRose.
- Stephenson – Where are we on salt/cinders?
o Taylor – Building is half full. Crawmer has been told to bring cinders.
- Bridge on Ford needs fixed. Have asked for help from County multiple times. Stephenson to reach out to County Engineer Davis.
- Lewellyn Rd – Taylor will be doing this work as soon as he can.
Old Glory – they want $24K to pave it. If Taylor digs out it would be around $14K. Tabled.
Street lights still a question for Anderson, Gussler, Carr and Melick. Light at 3745 Mona is being questioned as well. They put their own light in at that location.
Diana Lantz is asking if church group can use Trustees Room on certain dates.
Trustee Stephenson – Is snow equipment ready to go? Taylor – Yes.
Trustee Elson – There is a tree at 1245 Greenhouse. Tree is leaning toward road and powerline. Power company should handle.
Ditching on Stine and FoxFire needs done. Taylor – Will riprap ditch below Stephensons.
Elson – Nothing further.
Smith – Nothing further.
Stephenson – Nothing further.
Fiscal Officer reports:
· Presented 1-10-8-2013 resolution to move $19,500 from 1000-110-121-0000 to 1000-110-111-0000 as a reallocation to cover wages and it was approved and signed.
· Voting will be taking place in Trustees Room as usual.
· Information will be sent out to Maysville Regional Water to ensure they are aware there is a process that needs to be followed before digging on any Township road in Newton Township. The form can be found on our website.
· Presented payment registers, fund status reports, bank reconciliation, grass roots clippings.
All bills presented were deemed to be valid expenditures and were to be paid as presented.
The next regular township meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 7:00pm in the township meeting room.
Meeting adjourned at 8:01 pm.
Newton Township has made every effort to ensure all the information listed on this website is accurate and up to date. This information can and may change without notice. Meeting overviews are meant to serve as short informational updates on township business. We can not be responsible for any inaccurate or omitted information.