NEWTON TOWNSHIP MINUTES 11-12-2013
Newton Township Trustees met in regular session on Tuesday, November 12, 2013. John Phillips, Justin Mears, Sherry Ziemer, Bob Mock, Township residents; Larry Taylor, Road Maintenance Supervisor; Larry Geiger, Craig Knox, Fire Department; James R. Smith, Robert Stephenson, and Charles R. Elson, Township Trustees; Derek J. Dozer, Township Fiscal Officer.
Meeting was called to order by Trustee Elson at 7:00pm.
Pledge to the flag was led by Charles R. Elson.
Agenda was approved as read.
Minutes were approved as presented.
Bob Mock Commended Larry Taylor on brush cutting and tree trimming. Asked him to consider the stop signs being so close to the roads. Mock said there is water coming out underneath the road on FoxFire.
Fire Department Business:
- Presented numbers for previous month.
- Issues with boilers. Had them inspected in Sept. Control board didnt work when fired up. Looking at cost for whole new system as well. In a new system they would install valves to be able to limit water to certain loops verses whole system running.
- Submitting new vehicle request to Assistance to Fire Fighters program through Homeland Security.
Holiday party Monday, Dec 16th.
- FF appreciation Banquet will be Sat, January 18th at Eagle Sticks. Social Hour at 5pm.
- Justin Mears Level 2 FF. Wants to come on and get EMT. Lives in Zanesville and works at Dollar General. Trustee Stephenson made a motion to bring on Justin Mears. Seconded by Smith. All 3 trustees agreed with the motion.
- Nothing more to report.
- 3 loads of cinders are in. 60 tons. Crawmer brought from Conesville.
- Patching holes and cleaning ditches now.
- Patched Workman.
- Still work to do on Porter Run Rd.
- Cinema Drive is marked.
Smith - None.
Elson 1245 Greenhouse, Larry took down a tree.
Smith Lewellyn Rd needs to be surveyed. Mr. Heckel ordered the road crew off property.
Discussion on street light assessments.
Elson E. Fultonham alleys need to be graded and stoned.
Smith Nothing further.
Stephenson Requested some new signs to be ordered. Trustee Stephenson made a motion to order a total of 6 new road signs. Elson seconded. All 3 trustees agreed.
Fiscal Officer reports:
· Read letter received from Ohio Department of Job and Family Services on unemployment. New law will prompt employers provide reasons for separation from employment.
· Read letter from State Auditor on UAN computer surcharges being waived for 2014.
· Read letter from Muskingum County Job and Family Services on Work Experience Program. Newton Township has requested help at Fire Department and Township if workers are available.
· Presented payment registers, fund status reports, bank reconciliation, grass roots clippings.
All bills presented were deemed to be valid expenditures and were to be paid as presented.
The next regular township meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 7:00pm in the township meeting room.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 pm.
Newton Township has made every effort to ensure all the information listed on this website is accurate and up to date. This information can and may change without notice. Meeting overviews are meant to serve as short informational updates on township business. We can not be responsible for any inaccurate or omitted information.