NEWTON TOWNSHIP MINUTES 11-13-2012
Newton Township Trustees met in regular session on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 @7:00 pm in the township meeting room at the fire department. Those in attendance were: Norman Gill, John Phillips, Township residents; Larry Taylor, Road Maintenance Supervisor; Fire Chief Allen Deaver, Larry Geiger, Craig Knox, Fire Department; James R. Smith and Charles R. Elson, Township Trustees; Derek J. Dozer, Township Fiscal Officer. Trustee Stephenson was unable to attend.
Meeting was called to order by Smith at 7:00pm.
Pledge to the flag was led by James R. Smith.
Agenda was approved as read.
Minutes were approved as presented.
When are the meeting dates? 2nd Tuesday of the month. When are your re-election dates? Jim Smith is next Fall. Rucker Rd – Stop sign at Old Town Rd the sign and the stop sign are missing. Appreciate you taking the tree off Rucker Rd.
John Phillips – Stop ahead on Moxadarla is gone.
There is a tree out over FoxFire and he hit the exhausts on it. Chris Sidwell is ok with the tree coming out and he would like to have it down. Discussing followed on exactly where the tree was.
Fire Department Business:
* Has been decided to postpone kitchen project until after the New Year.
* Projected date to get the medic back was last Friday so should be back soon.
* Will check with American Light on lighting outside and light for flagpole.
* Brush truck will be going to Jarretts to get repaired.
* Still experiencing problems with boiler. Sensor is not picking up that flame is burning.
* Josh Bryan is waiting on charter to be able to teach fire classes at Newton. Newton can do classes for half the cost.
* Knox submitted run reports.
Jenkins guardrail – Taylor reported that concrete solid would be $2,500, wood would be around $405. 200 feet is there now but they can reduce. Discussion followed on wood verses concrete. Every 8 feet posts 2*10 are there now. $197 roughly to double the 2*10 boards making the project around $600. Smith made a motion to spend $600 to replace the guardrail and Elson seconded and both were in favor.
Dilts Lane – needs gravel.
· Welcome to Newton sign is gone on Stine.
· Check sign on far end of Ridgely and Lower Kroft.
· Need a new sign at Madison and Market as well.
Phillips again mentioned stop ahead sign on Moxadarla and Gill mentioned Rucker Rd. Stop sign.
Bob Mock – Where culverts were put in on FoxFire needs some cold mix.
Road Report – Taylor
Will start grading next week.
Working on getting lights fixed on truck bed.
Undercoated truck beds new part and old.
Fiscal Officer reports:
· Read notifications from AEP on new meter.
· Shelly Company price increase in 2013.
· Time Warner Cable has a new contact person for Township.
· Copies of the following notices were provided to each of the trustees;
Payment register, fund status reports, bank reconciliation, grass roots clippings.
All bills presented were deemed to be valid expenditures and were to be paid as presented.
The next regular township meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 7:00pm in the township meeting room.
Meeting adjourned at 8:14 pm.
Newton Township has made every effort to ensure all the information listed on this website is accurate and up to date. This information can and may change without notice. Meeting overviews are meant to serve as short informational updates on township business. We can not be responsible for any inaccurate or omitted information.